Friday, May 11, 2012

Moving and Dancing

Although, Joanie and family were not in Mansfield for Barry's birthday, I was with them in Houston on Friday. Joanie and Jacob were moving into the house that they recently purchased. They have been renting in the neighborhood where they wished to live for two years, waiting patiently to find the perfect house. It was worth the wait.

My job was to keep Ava and Lucy out of their way over the weekend so they could get the move accomplished. I have to say that I did an excellent job, because they were all moved in, had the rent house cleaned up, and were unpacking boxes by 3:30pm. Actually, they had everything organized for the move and good movers, so I couldn't take all the credit even though I tried.

Sometime before 8:00am, Lucy, Ava, and I went to breakfast. Then, we headed to the Splash Park. Since it was 9:00am on a Friday morning, we were the only ones there for a while. I think Lucy liked the Splash Park best.







At 11:00am we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. One of Ava's preschool classmates came in with his two sisters (triplets) and their nanny. We managed to kill two more hours at Chick-Fil-A. Woo-Hoo!

Then, I put the girls back in the car and drove around for an hour while they took a nap. I know that was not very "green" of me, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Lastly, we went to the toy store and played for a while. We bought two toy brooms which in hind site was a mistake, because Lucy and Ava pretty much just hit stuff with them while they are trying to sweep. 

As if moving wasn't enough for the weekend, Ava had her first dance recital on Saturday morning. 
She had missed her dress rehearsal because they were here for Cora's birth. Things did not go well backstage. Joanie kept texting us that Ava was freaking out. The other mothers kept asking, "Wasn't she at the dress rehearsal?" But, when Ava's class went onstage, she was just smiling and doing her dance. When she got off stage, and Joanie met back up with her to change her costume, Ava said she "loved it." A star was born.


Her grandparents showered her with flowers and kisses. One took photographs.



Her parents were pretty proud too. I think Lucy thought the Splash Park was more fun.


Oh, to be three and adorable.







3 comments:

  1. What precious pictures! I know they appreciated your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for the help & the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought Kaylee that same swimsuit, but they didn't have the right size when I was looking. It's so cute.

    Those girls are soooooo adorable. Congratulations to Ava on her first dance recital!

    ReplyDelete