Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Old Man and the Lake

Post by Barry-

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. ...... Oh wait, that has already been written. .....
We started out early today to get out on the lake before the wind got up. It was one of those days when I couldn't help but catch fish.I spoke to some older fisherman
& they showed me a lure they had success with in the past. I found a similar enough lure (a small spinner with some ratty feathers & a small hook. I just trolled it behind the kayak & set the pole in it's holder. I caught my limit rather fast in spite of losing many (5-6) more before I could get them in the kayak. I didn't have a net. Twice I had set the rod down to do something else (birdwatch, pee, clean fish) and when I reeled it in I had a fish. One looked like a small bass which I threw back. Again, when we were getting out, I spent 5 minutes unloading the kayaks while a girl was throwing frisbees in the water for her dogs to retrieve. When I realized my line was still out (not sure how the dog avoided getting tangled), I reeled it in & there was a trout on the line.







Jan: I actually think that the fish caught Barry rather than Barry catching the fish.
Jerry made Trout Alma-dine tonight and it was delish.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: