Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Tech Tuesday that is not real Techy


Over the past several months, we have been experiencing some internet problems. Multiple devices couldn't be used at the same time and very slow speeds haunted us. Having been in this house a little over a year, it was one of those problems that we didn't really realize was going on at times. When I was at Joanie's a few weeks ago, I downloaded the second half of a book I was listening to for the drive home on my iPhone. ZIP! It took about twenty seconds. At my house, I would start the download on my phone when I went to bed. If I woke up in the middle of the night, I would try again, because it would partially download before it failed. 

Since I give technology tips (note the sarcasm about myself here), I came to the conclusion that something was wrong in connection land. So, I called AT&T. (When we moved, we got a bundle deal with AT&T and Direct TV).  Long story short, we have only had an archaic amount of uploading and downloading capability. Today, we will hopefully be getting some speedy Internet..

However, this Tech Tuesday has nothing to do with my home Internet. It has to do with apps on everyone's favorite feature on their phone. (FYI-AT&T did come through with the date of my iPhone upgrade. It is in February. Maybe an iPhone5 user will send in some tips concerning the new phone for us). The camera!

Of course, your iPhone has an edit program built in, but if you want to have more fun, there are over a hundred apps out there for your iPhone and iPad cameras. My recommendation is that you read the reviews in the iTunes store. Many of the apps sound great, but the users find some faults.

Camera + 
This app actually has so much in it, I haven't tried all the features nor mastered them. It is on sale right now. Definitely worth the $.99.

Instagram
It's free, easy to use, and you can share your photos on Facebook or email. Probably the most popular camera app.

InstaFrame
Put your photos in frames and/or add text to the photo. This is just an extra addition to Instagram.

Action Movie FX
Barry loves this app. Record a movie and add the special effects.

ippcy.com
This photo site has been recommended to me, but I have not used it.

Now this is not a camera app but a Disney book is available right now for the iPad. It's getting good reviews.
Bambi for $1.99

What are your favorite camera apps?









1 comment:

  1. I got the Bambi app. I looked at the regular prices for some of their other stories, and that really is a great price!

    ReplyDelete