Friday, April 15, 2011

Oh, the Inhumanity!

Yesterday the Main Street Arts Festival began in Fort Worth. This should have been a warning sign to North Texas that something bad would happen concerning the weather. The Main Street Arts Festival, MayFest, and the Byron Nelson: do not plan an outdoor activity. Today the winds were gusting up to 40-50 mph with wildfires west of us.

Barry and I went to the festival yesterday, which is the only day to go if you want to see anything. We actually were looking for art for the house. However, we were not bowled over by anything. We have a place on our stairway that needs a sculpture or something large. Scarlett can stand in it, and I may have to bronze her as she looks really cute there.

Of course, the first thing we passed was the Bass Hall and these sculptures. So there was no where to go but down.

The Southlake Arts Festival and the Main Street Arts Festival ended up being the same weekend this year due to NASCAR and any other major event scheduled in Tarrant County. Do you really think artsy people go to NASCAR? Anyway, I wonder how that affected which artist went to which festival.

We really didn't see much along the lines of what we were looking for except these two sculptures.

While they are nice, I am not in love with them. It may have to do with the fact that for as long as I have known him, Barry would usually walk up to something like these and say, "I believe this is an expression of man's inhumanity to man."  So what am I supposed to think when I see something like this?

After the Arts Festival, we went to Miles and Michelle's for dinner. First, though we all played soccer with Jax. 



Here is the sad part of my post. I took, what I was hoping would be some really cute photos of Jax and Michelle playing together. However, they are all blurry. This must be an indication that I should read the manual.

If only it had been today, I could blame the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's been windy for so long, you can probably use that excuse legitimately!

    ReplyDelete