The first person to answer all the questions correctly will win a $10.00 gift card to The Container Store.
All other CORRECT entries will be entered in a drawing and the winner of the drawing will win a $10.00 gift card The Container Store.
Be sure you read through the rules on the previous post and good luck.
1.Who started a campaign in 1827 to set a national day of Thanksgiving?
2. Name one of the top producing sweet potato states.
3. Which president was the first to officially issue a Thanksgiving Proclamation naming the last Thursday of November as the National Day for Thanksgiving?
4. What cartoon character balloon has been in every Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parades?
5. Name one of the top pumpkin producing states.
6. Benjamin Franklin wanted to make the turkey our national bird. One statesman, in particular, opposed him on this matter. To spite this statesman, Franklin is said to have nicknamed the male turkey “Tom”. Who was the statesman?
7. Name one of the top cranberry producing states.
8. Name one of the top turkey producing states.
9. Which President moved Thanksgiving up a week in November to make the Christmas Shopping season longer and thus boost the economy?
10. Who won the Throwdown with Bobby Flay in Bobby Flay vs. Ree Drummond?
Speaking of Ree Drummond, she is having a giveaway on her blog tomorrow. Her prizes are much nicer, but she has a lot more readers, a best selling cookbook, and the largest ranch in Oklahoma. Enter her contest too, but trust me you have to be really fast and really lucky. You will be playing against about 35, 000 others, including me, but you can't win if you don't enter. Here is what she has on her site today and the link. (I am not sure if this is legal to place on my site, but I am just trying to help her out.) She is also giving away a stand mixer on this page-enter by noon, pacific time tomorrow. If you happen to win and have both of these items, you can share them with others. Mabye me.
Posted by Ree in Smartypants QuizzesSmartypants Quiz – Study Up!
If you’re bored, lonely, floating in space, itchy, disenfranchised, twitchy, clammy, or otherwise feeling devoid of purpose and meaning Saturday evening, drop by and participate in an exceedingly challenging Smartypants Quiz! Prizes will be awarded and it’ll make your brain twitch violently. What could be more fun than that?