Friday, April 19, 2013

Shining Stars

Although this week has been horrific with so many tragic deaths, Tuesday evening provided a needed respite from the grim news.

Ben's class had their school play, and it just happened to be about George M. Cohen. So the evening was full of second grade children singing patriotic songs. Although I know all the parents and grandparents would have loved the play no matter what songs they were singing, the timing could not have been better since it was the day after the bombing at the Boston Marathon.

May these Shining Stars grow up to respect each other and their country, and always appreciate what others have sacrificed to enable them to live in the United States of America.







2 comments:

  1. That is neat that it was patriotic. I'm glad y'all were able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saving my signed program. I had Ben sign my program b/c he had a big part & you never know. People magazine will probably pay a fortune for it after he is famous. Of course I would never actually sell.

    ReplyDelete