Monday, April 23, 2012

Are You One of the 3.9 Million?


Or were all the 3.9 million teenage boys?


Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi)- my favorite
character. She has dragons!
source

3.9 million people watched the Season 2 premiere of Game of Thrones. I was one of them. While it has been a few weeks since the debut of Season 2, I still wanted to write a little something about this series. I can't write much, because the series can be grim to watch, and this is a family blog. 
It is an epic fantasy based on the novels of George R. R. Martin novels. I have to admit, I have not read the novels.  It might have helped me follow the first season, but then, again maybe not. It is a convoluted story, that adds characters all the time. Seven noble families fight for control over the mythical land of Westeros. There are three principal story lines. I find the story captivating and have really enjoyed the series. But, be aware, this imaginable story is filled with deceit, brutality, incest, sex, nudity, and mythical creatures. It is hard to believe some (or a lot) of the scenes are actually on television. But as they say, "It's HBO." 

The photos are of just a few of the many characters in this series.

Arya Stark-just one of the females that
is planning revenge. She has a list, guys!
source

Tyrion Lannister- devious, but is the nicest of the
Lannisters (which is not saying much)
source

Saturday Night Live had a funny skit about Game of Thrones.  The skit has been removed from YouTube and NBC for music liability, but as of this post, it was still on the linked site, if you wish to watch it.

SNL Skit

What are you watching?




1 comment:

  1. I am totally one of the 3.9 million, and I thought this post was amazing, Mom!

    ReplyDelete