Friday, December 16, 2011

The 12th of December


Monday was Joanie's birthday. 


This is Joanie when she was little.


I went to Houston to give her the gift of helping with the girls. I was paid in hugs and remarks from Ava. My favorite which I heard throughout the days I was there was, "I'm so glad you are here. I missed you." Be still my heart. 



Ava and I felt Joanie needed a cake.


We gathered the ingredients and went to work.



Ava did the taste tests to make sure we were mixing it correctly.


Joanie loved her cake. 


Ava helped Joanie blow out her candles.


Jacob and Lucy waited patiently for their serving.




Joanie received a new lens for her camera. I can't wait for her to post some photos. She is my inspiration when it comes to photography. She has a great eye and takes amazing photos. She actually has sent me some photos she took, but they are so good, I can't have them competing with my photos here. (Yes, I am proud of her skill, but, hey, I'm no fool when it comes to posting them next to my photos!)

Joanie was not thrilled that neither of her daughters had clothes on for the photos. But it was almost bath time and other than that, I really can't recall what had happened to their clothes. 

I also can't recall how time has passed so fast from when Joanie was little. Happy Birthday, sweetie.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to be there to make her birthday extra special! I also started a bday blog post, but got overwhelmed this week and haven't posed it.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming to visit. Thanks for the yummy cake. Thanks for the awesome camera lens. Can't wait to see you again in a few days.

    ReplyDelete