Thursday, September 22, 2011

Major and Minor Disturbances


Major 
This just in from NASA:

NASA Decay Predictions for UARS Satellite


UPDATE #8 - As of 7 a.m. EDT Sept. 22, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 115 mi by 120 mi (185 km by 195 km). Re-entry is expected sometime during the afternoon of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 to 36 hours.

Whew! So 5% of the world's population can breath a little easier today. Hint: That is sarcasm. It is sometimes hard to convey that in print.

My insurance agent, Joe Jenkins, also assured me that we are covered in the event of satellite fallout. I am wondering though, if he just said that because he knew I wouldn't survive if there was a direct hit on my house or car. Still, he made me feel better.

MInor

There are photos like this out there that disturb me. Two young women that are so thin that when they stand like this, they look like someone with two heads.



Source

To scare me even more, there is this transformation. A girl that is cute as a button, yet, has plastic surgery.
Source




The result?
Source

I have so many thoughts about this. Here are just a couple.
  1. I am hoping that the reason results like this happen is that no reputable surgeon would do surgery on a perfectly fine, young face. So, one must have to go to a quack surgeon.
  2. But, it happens so often.
  3. Can someone take these girls away from their parents? 
  4. Celebrities should pay someone to be honest with them, not tell them what they want to hear. 
  5. However, is Ali Lohan actually a celebrity?
  6. I guess if you go by the definition of celebrity, she is.
  7. Should we start a "Save the Lohans" campaign, or is it too late?
  8. We probably should just use that money to save the world from satellite debris.

Thank goodness for actresses like Melissa McCarthy. Her eyes do look a little "surprised" though.

Source


Stop there Melissa. Stop.

URAS, I am keeping my eye on you. It is wrinkled and tired looking, but it is on you. 








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: